News about Toshiba
April 24, 2017
April 24, 2017
To all of our clients who have a Toshiba Telephone System:
We have recently received some shocking news that as part of Toshiba Corporation’s continuing global restructuring, Toshiba will wind-down its Telecommunications Systems Division (TSD). Although we are continuing to gather further information about this development, we are able to share the following:
- Phones Plus.Biz, Inc. is not going anywhere. Although Toshiba has been one of our featured product lines for 33 years, we are also authorized on other product lines such as ESI, which we have been supporting for more than 16 years. We remain very committed to this industry and to you, our customer. Any rumor that may be planted by competitors of ours to the contrary is malicious and false and should cause you to think twice about working with such a company.
- For those new accounts or existing customers who are looking for new services and equipment where ESI may not be as strong a fit, Phones Plus is already researching an alternative product line(s) to complement our ESI offerings. It has actually been rather exciting and educational to find new solutions that will not only work well as a telecom product but also help manage your overall telecom expense. We expect to announce this new product line in the very near future.
- We have a sizable amount of Toshiba inventory and spare parts to be able to support our Toshiba customers for the foreseeable future. It would be wise to consider a maintenance agreement (if you are not already covered by one) as that way the onus would be on us to make sure that we were able to handle all of your service needs. Give us a call if you would like to pursue this option.
- Toshiba is still going to support all warranty and maintenance obligations to Phones Plus.Biz, Inc. and our clients and we will continue to provide you with the level of service that you have come to expect.
- Toshiba is going to continue to operate its repair center and even maintain staff to handle all of these activities. They will also be supplying any parts needed on their existing product line for at least 5 more years.
- While I certainly would not expect to see any new software or feature developments, Toshiba engineering will still be handling any software patches or other issues for a period of at least 5 years.
- We will still be able to purchase additional licenses for at least 5 years in case your Toshiba system needs a license to grow or add certain capabilities.
- If you are still interested in getting a different telecom system, Phones Plus will also be offering special trade in options to our Toshiba customers.
As more details become available we will share them with you. Please feel free to contact us to discuss these events or for any other reason. We look forward to our continued relationship.
William J. Sodemann
President – Phones Plus.Biz, Inc.